Our Ministries bringing you and your family closer to God.
ECW offers a range of ministry opportunities. We affirm the role of every believer in contributing their passions, gifts and abilities to build up the Body of Christ.
KIDSCONNECT (Families and Children)
Kids Connect is a place for children to grow like Jesus “…in wisdom, stature, and favour with God and man” (Luke 2:52). Young ones from creche through to intermediate school age can experience God’s love, learn to make wise choices and build good relationships. Our prayer is that they will begin and progress their own faith walk with God. They will be encouraged in their journey by gifted and caring children’s workers. We aim to support families in the challenge of raising children who can not only survive spiritually in a changing culture, but also be change agents in their culture!
10 am | Every Sunday Morning | Babies to Year 6
ECW YOUTH MINISTRIES
A community of teenagers where all are welcome and accepted for who they are and can freely grow and express themselves while learning how to make good choices in life guided by teachings from the Bible. Exciting events like our annual Ignite Camp, trips and regular outreach activities, provide a safe place for teenagers to come. Our youth leadership team shares a passion to help young people connect with the faith community through authentic mentoring relationships and providing opportunities to grow a strong faith in Christ…all while having heaps of fun!
7-9pm | Every Friday Evening | YEAR 7 to YEAR 13
ECW YOUNG ADULTS (Ages 18+)
A group from Year 13 onwards (18+). We gather every Sunday evening from 5pm at the Church Centre. It is an important time of being together to share in meals, games, discussions, as well as reaching out to the wider Church and community in acts of service. Through these gatherings we build relationships while grappling with life issues together in a safe environment.
5pm | Every Sunday Evening
THE HOPE SHOP
The Hope Shop is our very own Opportunity Shop that supports local Youth and Children. We have a variety of donated goods at great prices for all ages, especially families. We have clothing, shoes, books, toys, glassware, bedding, kitchenware and crockery. Come and check out our Homemade Heaven Treats ‘n’ Treasures, our own range of homemade goodies, gifts and cards! Donations are welcome. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact the Hope Shop.
Opening Hours: Wednesday to Saturday 10.00am – 1.00pm | Email: email@example.com
Our playgroup is a place for caregivers and their pre-schoolers to meet on a Friday morning during term time for imaginary play, crafts, books and Storytime. Meet new friends in a warm and caring environment. Please bring for $4 and your children’s morning tea.
9.30am – 11.30am | Every Friday during term time | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community and Pastoral Care – fostering belonging and care for one another.
- Discipleship Pathways – enabling everyone to make their next Christian ‘growth step’
- English Classes – free every Friday morning (10am) during term time.
- Evangelism – sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with others.
- Evergreens – Young at Heart Seniors meet together usually the 2nd and 4th Thursday each month.
- Home Groups – pockets of community (10 groups meet regularly).
- Men – support and fellowship for men with special events and activities.
- Missions – supporting local, national and overseas initiatives.
- Music and Worship – planning services and making a joyful noise!
- Property – being good stewards of our Church Centre.
- Prayer – a means of grace for us to communicate with God.
- Resources – being good stewards of our finances and all that God gives us.
- Technical and Creative Multimedia – equipping our worship and outreach events.
- Women – times for women to be together for support and encouragement.
Would you like to know more about East City Wesleyan Church?